|Forum Home > General Discussion > Things to think about Before Permanently Deleting Your Facebook|
Maybe you have already thought about deleting your account on Facebook before, but for some reason you were unable to do that. On the other hand, you have a pending application and you do not want your future employer to see your old pictures at frat parties when you were in college or maybe you don’t want to see your friends’ sad status update. If you are now serious about removing your account on Facebook, there are some steps you have to do first before clicking that delete button. Remember that deleting your Facebook account is not the same as deactivating it. This is because when an account is deactivated only, people can't search you anymore but the messages you have sent will still be visible..
1. try checking the apps Check the Apps There are many apps and websites out there that require users to log in using their Facebook username and password. If you delete your account, you risk losing access to them. You may be able to check this by going to the settings of your account and see the apps column. For example some famous apps that needs FB login are Pinterest, Foursquare, Spotify, Instagram and Pandora. Moreover, there are also apps that allow you to change the way you log in by changing it with your Twitter handle or your e-mail ad. There are some sites like Spotify that won’t let you do this, so if you still like to use Spotify, it may not be a good decision to remove your FB account. Another way to go around this is to delete all the friends you have, and then change the e-mail address you used for your account. Another way is to deactivate the account and set up a new one with an e-mail you will just use for Spotify.
2. Download your information or data In fact, a user who wants to have a record of the things they have done on the site may still do so. This is because Facebook has created an immediate way to get all the data and information by simply going to the settings. Then click “General” in the left column and click “Download a copy of your data.” Then you can finish it by pressing “start my archive.”
3. Asking for the birthdays of your Friends Obviously, Facebook has been a great way of getting reminded of birthdays of your friends; wherein, without the help of Faceboook, you might forget it instantly. On the other hand, don’t worry as you can always use Facebook’s birthday app anytime. You could as well put a message on top stating you just want to get their birthday before you permanently remove your account.
4. Save your FB data on the Cloud Backupify.com is a great method to keep your data on the cloud because it gives you 1GB storage. Therefore, your files get stored in the AWS or Amazon Web Services.
5. Ask for Contact Countless of communication even business happens on Facebook nowadays. For that, before you permanently remove your Facebook account, check the people with whom you don’t have any other way of keeping in touch. You need to ask first for their phone numbers or e-mail address and save it. On the other hand, one of the Facebook members whose contact information you would like to keep is PowerCom. In fact, PowerCom is one of the leading providers of audience response systems, also known as “clickers.” These devices make presentations interactive and dynamic. You may contact PowerCom at sales(at)powercomars.com or [email protected]